Ketogenic or keto diet provides tremendous benefits and wellbeing to your health. If you are looking for keto diet meal plans, you agree with most people that keto diet is good for your health and is worthwhile to spend your time to establish your own keto diet practice.
At this stage, you start your keto diet journey and have a long list of keto diet food. Now it is time to organize your keto diet food and have your specific keto diet meal plans.
The Keto diet meal plans contain the following ingredients:
- One-day plan, how to arrange your breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- One-week plan, how to plan one-week (7 days) meal plans
- One-month plan, how to schedule four-week (28 days) meal plans
Every one has different goal of keto diet and different meal plans based on age, gender, activity level, current weight, and goal weight. The keto diet meal plan gives you the perfect balance of calories and nutrients to feel full of energy and fight cravings, melting away fat from your body.
When you design your keto diet meal plans, you need to follow these principles:
- Don’t totally replace your current diet. Gradually add your favorite keto diets and make sure you enjoy the introduced keto food.
- Tailor keto diet ingredients for your taste buds, so you love every bite. Only use the keto diet you like and you will love every bit as you watch the pounds fall off.
- Try the recipes using less than five ingredients. Recipes are simple, fast, and easy-to-follow.
- Take few steps and less than 15 min from start to finish of the keto diet dishes.
- Make most of our recipes without any fancy kitchen equipment. For 95% of the meals, you just need a standard set of pots, pans, and utensils.
- Keto diets are affordable and everyday foods.
- Keto diet ingredients can be found in a standard grocery store, like Kroger, Publix, ShopRite, Target, and Wal-Mart.
- Routine items, such as avocado, chicken breast, egg, spinach, and olive oil, are consumed. Don’t use any “crazy” specialty foods.
- Many of the non-perishable items are also available on Amazon. You shouldn’t see a big spike in your grocery bill.
You have the keto diet food list, go through the list, select and write down the ingredients for the entire week. One-week keto diet meal plans is the most important for most people. Every weekly meal plan also includes a time-saving grocery list that coordinates with each week’s recipes.
Get the correct breakdown of Carbs, Protein, and Fat you need for your keto diet. The keto diet, is very low in carbs, high in fat and moderate in protein.
Carbs are typically reduced to under 50 grams per day. Fats should replace the majority of cut carbs and deliver approximately 75% of your total calorie intake. Proteins should account for around 20% of energy needs, while carbs are usually restricted to 5%.
Here is a sample keto menu for one day:
- Breakfast: Spinach, mushroom, and feta omelet with whole milk. This breakfast is a good source of protein and healthy fats that will keep you feeling full to curb mid-morning cravings.
- Lunch: Oven-baked salmon with broccoli. This lunch is high in heart-healthy fats from salmon and is low in carbs but high in fiber from broccoli.
- Dinner: Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, chicken breast, bacon, and Parmesan. This dinner is rich in protein and fat.
Here is a sample keto menu for one week. This is a general one-week ketogenic menu that can be altered depending on individual dietary needs.
- Breakfast: Scrambled egg
- Lunch: Avocado, bacon and goat-cheese salad
- Dinner: Pork chops with green beans and garlic butter
- Breakfast: Mushroom omelet
- Lunch: Asian beef salad
- Dinner: Roast chicken with cream sauce and sauteed broccoli
- Breakfast: Bell pepper stuffed with cheese and eggs
- Lunch: Smoked salmon plate
- Dinner: Bison steak with cheesy broccoli
- Breakfast: Full-fat yogurt topped with Keto granola
- Lunch: Tuna salad with boiled eggs
- Dinner: Grilled salmon with spinach sauteed in coconut oil
- Breakfast: Baked avocado egg boats
- Lunch: Roast beef and cheddar plate
- Dinner: Pork chops with vegetables
- Breakfast: Cauliflower toast topped with cheese and avocado
- Lunch: Shrimp and artichoke plate
- Dinner: Meatballs served with zucchini noodles and parmesan cheese
- Breakfast: Coconut milk chia pudding topped with coconut and walnuts
- Lunch: Cobb salad made with greens, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, cheese and turkey
- Dinner: Coconut chicken curry
As you can see, ketogenic meals can be diverse and flavorful. You can easily come out the best keto diets in a full week you love. With a slight modification, you can create a full month keto diets.
Although many ketogenic meals are based around animal products, there is a wide variety of vegetarian options to choose from as well.
For a keto diet beginner, you may still crave for carbs. You may add a cup of berries to your breakfast or a small serving of a starchy vegetable to your dinner will increase the number of carbs in your keto diet meal plans.
A ketogenic meal plan, like any healthy diet, should include whole foods and many fiber-rich, low-carb vegetables. Choose healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, olive oil and pastured butter to increase the fat content of dishes.
For people who are not enjoying and good at cooking, you could simplify lunch and breakfast. Cook two servings for dinner, and refrigerate the second serving for lunch the next day. You could choose one keto breakfast you like, and eat it every day, such as scrambled eggs. If you’re not hungry, you could skip breakfast completely. This not only saves you time and money, it may also raise your ketone levels.
It’s unrealistic to think you’re going to cook every meal and every day, when you’re on the keto diet. Fortunately, a growing number of restaurants are offering healthy options that fit in a keto diet. Here are some examples:
- Antipasto salad
- Arby’s roast turkey farmhouse salad
- Arby’s sandwich without the bun or bread
- Buffalo wings
- Burrito bowl
- Chipotle keto salad bowl
- KFC grilled chicken with green bean
- Lettuce-wrapped burger
- McDonald’s breakfast sandwich without the bread
- Panera bread power breakfast bowl
- Subway double chicken chopped salad
Even though you see a lot of high-carb items on a menu, you may easily find a delicious low-carb meal at most fast-food restaurants by doing some research. With bunless burger options galore at fast food chains across the United States, dining out on keto diets doesn’t have to be rocket science.
When it comes to keto fast food options, the same general keto meal-plan rules apply: steer clear of the buns, the tortillas, the rice, and the breaded meats. When in doubt, opt for a salad with non-starchy veggies, cheese, avocado, and a simple, olive oil–based salad dressing.
It takes time for Keto diet individuals to switch from using glucose to employing ketones for energy generation. Before the body enters the state of ketosis, some people may experience side effects such as fatigue, cravings for sugar, and mental cloudiness. In this case, you may take keto supplement, such as Keto Burn, which contains Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB), a ketone body providing a direct energy source to the brain and muscles. By taking a supplement high in BHB, it can support your body with clean and sufficient energy to perform optimally and prevent the potential side effects resulting from keto diets.
8 thoughts on “Keto Diet Meal Plans”
Wow!! This is a gold mine for me. I have great difficulty planning for my keto diet meals, I have bookmarked your post for weekly use, LOL.
What if I can’t find the specific item that you have listed, can I replace it with a similar product. For example, if I can not find a bison steak, can I eat a regular steak instead? I know that we need to vary the food, but sometimes it is all I can find. But I am set with the salads right from my garden.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank for stopping by. Keto diets are very flexible. You just need to follow the fat, protein, and carbs rules to ensure that you have correct amount of them. Switch from bison steak to regular streak is fine. You are luck that you have fresh vegetables right from your garden. Vegetables are important part of the keto diets.
Thank you for giving the advice you have on meal planning. Starting a new or different diet is all well and good if you are an expert chef, but for many, it is knowing how to put different foods together to give good flavour and to balance the fats, carbs and protein.
As I am in the UK I will have to substitute some foods as we don’t get Bison meat for example. But I am sure I will be able to manage the full dietary requirements with what we do have available.
This is an excellent resource for anybody wanting to take part in a Keto diet.
Hi Derek, One key principle for you to practice keto diet is that you make your own decision on your diet selection and make sure you love what you eat. Most of the food are exchangeable. Feel free to switch around.
It is also important to take what you have and modify on your current diet structure. Do it step by step and gradually to find the meal plans fit you best.
Good luck with your keto diet practice.
I’m currently exploring options at the moment. The reason is because I am having bouts of low energy at least twice a day. I’m already a vegetarian and no longer consume mainstream dairy, (I’m not a label reader for all the things that might have small amounts of dairy inside) just no milk, cheese, eggs etc. I’m wondering if my diet is to blame. It feels as though I’m lacking something, or else it’s one of the foods I’m eating. I have a wheat based cereal in the morning and my first ‘wave’ of tiredness comes about an hour after. I have recently been looking into the various ‘Keto’ diets that are out there. Finally an article that gives a plan of action for the whole week. I also had a look at your Keto Diet Food list, which will prove to be very useful in preparation of applicable meals. The change might be overnight but if not, how long is normal before a person starts to feel the benefits of this diet, would you think ?
Feel hunger easily is the cause of low energy food. In your case, Keto diets may be the solution for you. We know that Keto diets are high in fat and protein, so you are going to feel full for much longer time.
Since you are vegetarian, you should try to design your meal plans with food from plant sources, such as avocado, tofu, coconut oil, and MCT oil etc. If you google keto diet for vegetarian, you will find your food choices.
Everyone has different experience with Keto diet. It is important to take your time to prepare your own keto diet journey. Mindset is the first step for you to succeed. With determined mind, the next step is plan. If you follow the keto diet rule, you will see results in one week.
I recently started following a keto diet and to tell you the truth I had a little bit of trouble keeping up with it due to not knowing how to plan my meals throughout the day.
I printed out your guide and pinned it in my kitchen in order to not have to go through a ton of guesswork every single day.
Very helpful! Thanks!
So happy to see your action. Weekly meal plan is the best place to start. During the weekend, working out the plan for the coming week and completing your shopping accordingly. Organize your daily keto diet routine. It is hard at the beginning, but soon you will get used to it and enjoy the wonder of the keto diet.