Prevention is the best pathway to reduce colorectal cancer. To reduce the cancer risk and prevent colorectal cancer, the following activities are encouraged:
- Eat a high-fiber diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans and whole grains.
- Limit red meat consumption and avoid processed meats.
- Consume calcium-rich foods like low-fat or skim milk.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Be physically active and exercise regularly.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t drink alcohol excessively.
- Get screened for colorectal cancer starting at age 50.
Colorectal cancer is preventable!
One thought on “Colorectal Cancer Prevention”
Thank you for having this! This is very important for us to be aware.