The cancer journey is filled with twists and turns, plenty of questions and more than enough surprises (not usually of the pleasant variety). But one aspect may be especially confusing and take those finishing treatment by surprise: Being sad after it’s over. Here are 9 ways to cope with sadness:
1. Give yourself time to sort through what you’ve endured.
2. Know you’ll have intense feelings you won’t understand.
3. Accept that you’ll have to live with uncertainty.
4. Take care of yourself; be kind to yourself.
5. Eat healthy foods.
7. Focus on what you can control.
8. Make plans to live life to its fullest.
9. Ask for help if you need it.